Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pool Party



Connor turned 2 this past weekend and we had his birthday party up at my parents house in Salyer. The weather was perfect and the party was pretty mellow and laid back.

I know that everyone always says that time flies by, and that they can't believe that their children are as old as they are. But for me it seems like I have had Connor my whole life. I know that the two years have gone by extremely fast, but looking back we have done so much and our lives have changed in so many ways since we had him 2 years ago.

Pretty much the only kid's activity that we had at the birthday other than swimming and the slip n slide was the pinata. The older kids were definitely more successful at it than the little ones.

Cole taking a swing at it. He was the one that finally broke all the candy out.

Skinny Minny

Landen

Brooklynne

Mikey helping Connor swing at it.


Before the pinata


And after


This is the motorcycle cake that Vickie made for Connor. I attempted to make it and then she had to step in a fix most of it, This is the finished product, much better than I could have ever done!


"Tay Tay" is every kid's favorite person. She is always such a great help and truly loves most if not all children. I know that I speak for a lot of people when I say that she is the best babysitter and I don't think she should ever move away, at least not too far:)


Brooklynne and Carly are two pea's in a pod.




I also wanted to thank Monica for all of the pictures. I designated her to be the photo gal. I know that she could live up to the job since all of us like that call her the paparazzi at any and every event. I love you Monica:)

5 comments:

Whitney said...

That was a great party! Well, it was at my favorite place to be! Can't wait to spend lots more time there:) Connor is a very sweet boy and I am SOOOOOO happy that you and I have boys the same age because I love spending time with you guys! Love you all:)

Cheryl Nicholls said...

It is amazing how fast they grow up! Conner is soo cute! Looks like all the kids had a lot of fun!

Pam said...

Happy birthday Conner!! He is so cute and mellow-you are a great mom, Janelle!

Natty said...

what a fun party, I know we missed half of it, but Teegs did not want to leave.

Alex and Mitch said...

What a fun party! All the pics made me so jealous of you guys! I want a pool so bad! I can't believe how close the two boys are in age! You are a great mom!!