First of all I want to start out by saying Thank you to my amazing mother who is the most generous, loving, caring, and helpful mothers that anyone could ever ask for. She took all of us on the wonderful trip, and she always makes sure that everything that we want and need is taken care of. So I want to tell you mom how grateful and thankful I am to have a mother like you:)
Back to the trip...
Thursday-We headed to the Airport in hopes to leave at 6:30 that evening. Well that didn't exactly happen due to our wonderful weather we have here. Needless to say after we waited there for a couple of hours they finally canceled the flight and re booked us for Friday afternoon.
Friday- We left at 2:00 pm and arrived in San Diego at 8:00pm. The plane ride was pretty uneventful due to the Ativan that I took right before take off:) I have really bad anxiety when it comes to planes and the meds were complete necessity, and they did the trick.
Saturday- In the morning we headed off to the Zoo. I was sort of disappointed. The disappointment wasn't due to the lack in animals, it was sort of boring looking at all of the animals just sitting in their cages. I am not an animal activist but I felt bad for all of them being out of their environments and being locked up. So after a few hours there my Mom, Rachelle, Myself, Connor, and Lucas headed back to the hotel to take naps. While Danielle, her kids, Vickie, and Heidi stayed at the Zoo. Later that evening we got on the trolley and headed over to the cheesecake factory for Dinner. YUM..
Sunday- We took the trolley and the bus over to Sea World in the morning. I was much happier with Sea World, it is much better for kids. There is so much to do and it is a lot more interactive than the Zoo. They have some really good shows. One of my favorites was a Circus performance that was done over the water. It was amazing what those people can do with their bodies and the show was very entertaining. After a long day in the sun and at the park we went back to our hotel where we ate dinner at a near by restaurant.
Monday- We went over to Mission Beach which is a popular area and is great for kids. It was really nice to be able to be at the beach and actually wear a swimming suit! The kids had a blast just digging in the sand and splashing in the water. I loved that there were so many places to eat and things to rent close by. I felt as though I was in Mexico, but with out all of the people trying to sell you things the entire time. After a four hours in the sun we went to the hotel to clean up and take some much needed naps. Later that evening we walked down the street to eat dinner at a little THAI restaurant. Then we headed across the street to the mall. Danielle and I went to see MY Sister's Keeper, while Rachelle and my Mom took the kids to see UP.
Tuesday- We woke up at 4:45 to head to the airport. After a few minor delays we made it home at 12:30. Only 2 hours later that planned. Not Too bad:)
3 comments:
So, your mom is amazing!!! The way she takes care of all her children and grandchildren and make sure they have lots of love and get to do all the things a child would dream about doing! That was a very sweet post. Looks like it was fun and looks hot:)! Too bad the zoo wasn't what you expected:( The kids look like they had a great time!!! I like the last picture of your sisters and lucas:)
Looks like a perfect trip- San Diego is really fun and I'm glad you guys were able to do all of those things! You do have a great family Janelle- I love you all! ;)
how fun, except for all the waiting on the airport, I hate airports!!
But you guys look like you had a good time, I am hoping to take Teegs and Lane there, or Disneyland next summer
Post a Comment