Thursday, August 27, 2009

Preschool



This week I started back to school in hopes to be able finish within the year, fingers crossed. I signed Connor up to go to the Children's Center two days a week. I was nervous about him being there alone and not knowing anyone or seeing any familiar faces. I thought he would have a hard time when I left, but he seemed to not even care. On the ride to school I told him that I was going to go to my class and he was going to go to his school. When I dropped him off I was going to sneak out the door so hopefully that he wouldn't notice, but the teacher said that it is actually better for the child if you tell them you are leaving and that you will be back to pick him up later. I was anticipating a meltdown. Needless to day I sucked it up and told him I would be back and surprisingly he said "Bye Mom" and gave me a kiss:( It was sort of sad. I was expecting him to want me to stay while pulling at my leg and crying, and frankly he didn't even cared that I was about to leave him with 15 complete strangers. All he could think about was the Jumpy House in the room next door. I know that it all worked out and I am glad that he enjoys going, but part of me wants him to want me to be around even if it isn't possible:)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

He looks so old standing next to that sign:) I knew Connor would be fine!!!!:) He's so good at adapting to new places:):) Hope he's having fun