Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bumpdate

Photo credit (Connor)

I am 23 almost 24 weeks pregnant now. At this point time has been going along steadily. Fast at some points and slow at some. I feel like the first 17 weeks flew by. I was coaching for the majority of the time and then we went to Hawaii. After we got back time has dragged on.... I think its party due to the weather, whenever I get home from a vacation I almost need another vacation two weeks later. I am super anxious for summer and more than ever ready for some warm sunny days by the pool. I am going to try and document my thoughts and experiences during my last pregnancy. I am thrilled to look back and see different experiences I had when I was pregnant with Lucas ( I didn't blog before Connor came along).


Thoughts: Being pregnant hasn't felt really "real" to me until 20 weeks or so. I wasn't showing a ton and I hadn't found out what the sex of the baby was. I have been feeling him move a ton in the past two weeks and that has made it way more "real".

Baby: Measuring a few days ahead of schedule at my last ultrasound. Moving around most after I eat. Last weekend we went to Tomo's for dinner and he was kicking the entire time (almost to the point distraction).


Symptoms: I really haven't had any symptoms this entire pregnancy. I can honestly say that I feel basically the same way as non-prego. Maybe I should consider surrogacy as my next job.... (NOT) But really I have been very lucky, and I feel blessed.

Cravings & Food:  My taste buds really haven't changed much since I have been pregnant. The only thing that I have noticed liking more is fruit. I don't typically like to eat fruit or choose to eat fruit often, but now I when I go to the store I find myself in the fruit section WAY more and I usually eat it on the drive home. I weighed in at 129 pounds yesterday, I try not to weigh myself because I know its really not a big deal but I want to have something to compare the fit of my clothes to. I can wear most of my jeans still, thanks to the rubber band!

Workouts: I have been able to workout 5-6 days per week. Continuing my weightlifting program and doing some cardio (running, elliptical,or stair master). I think I have been more consistent with exercise this time around, at least continuing to do what I did pre-pregancy. I know this summer will be harder to stick with the plan and I know the larger I get the less motivated I will feel (especially when it's 100 degrees outside)

Clothing: I am in maternity clothes or gym clothes 80 percent of the time, and the other percent of the time I am trying to wear my regular clothes still (i'm not sure that will last too much longer). I cannot wait until its warm and I can wear maxis and summer dresses!

Names: Mikey and I have had a fairly easy time agreeing on a boy name we like, Cooper. I don't have any idea of a middle name, I guess if we don't come up with something it will probably be Lee (Rachelle, Jenna, and Addison's middle name).

2 comments:

Alex Payne said...

You look so great!!! Love that you are blogging again :) keep it up! Cooper is a super cute name. Fits well with your family too.

Natty said...

You look great, no suprise. Can you believe your having another boy? Im sure Brooks and Cooper will be the best of friends.