Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bittersweet Relief

7 months


I never understood when people said that they were sad when they were done nursing their children. But I now know the feeling. I only nursed Connor till he was three months old, and I loved the fact that I could have someone else feed him and he didn't NEED me to be there every moment.

Well with much perseverance I finally got Lucas to take a bottle. It definitely wasn't an easy task. I think I tried at least 5 different bottles, several types of formulas, and countless hours of shoving the bottle in his mouth while he was screaming. I was bound and determined to have him weaned before I returned to school. I am not quiet sure what we did different this time but last Wednesday morning he decided that he was going to give up the fight, and after that is has been pretty smooth sailing. He is now taking a pacifier which was also an issue:)

I know that this is minimal in the scheme of things but overall it was good for me to have to continue nursing and I think that since he didn't take a bottle I forced me to do it longer than I would have in the first place. I am now a lot more understanding a sympathetic for other mothers that go through the same or similar things:)

This is a picture of Connor when he was 5 months old, it isn't the best picture but he is wearing the same shirt as Lucas. Now I think that I know what Lucas is going to look like:)



Connor and Lucas having fun on the fourwheeler



4 comments:

Kelly said...

They are so cute. Your gonna love it when they start playing together more. These last few months with my girls have been so fun.

Community Vision said...

Thanks for a great couple of days. I couldn't ask for better sisters and nephews. Love you, Danielle

Natty said...

Your boys are so dang cute. I am glad that you finally got Lukey to take a binki, oh those are life savers.

Kinsey said...

your boys are darling!!! I think i'm ready for a boy...the girl drama in my house is about maxed out!!!